How To Do Offertory
- As the offertory section of the service begins, two ushers go and stand together on the street side of the sanctuary, in the back, near the center aisle.
- Walk together up the center aisle and obtain the collection buckets on the chancel.
- Starting at the chancel end and working towards the Foster Street end in the center aisle, collect checks, coins, money, and envelopes from congregants seated near the center aisle.
- When both of you have reached the street side of the sanctuary, walk away from each other to the side aisles and then walk together up to the chancel end of the sanctuary in the side aisles.
- Collect checks, coins, money, and envelopes from congregants seated near the side aisles starting from the chancel end and ending on the street side of the sanctuary,
- When you are both back on the street end of the sanctuary again, walk towards each other to the center aisle, then proceed together back to the chancel up the center aisle and put the collections buckets back where you got them from. Wait to do this until the congregants are done lighting offertory candles. Then turn and go back down the center aisle to the street end of the Sanctuary and from there return to your seats.