Unitarian Universalism is a purposeful, positive religious movement,
dedicated to the moral progress of human life. It welcomes all who
the vision of placing principles of freedom, responsibility, reason and
tolerance above uniform, theological doctrine
The Principles and PurposesPrincipios en Español
As Unitarian Universalists, we believe that...
- every person is important and valuable.
- all people should be treated fairly.
- our churches are places where we should accept one another
and learn together.
- each person should be free to search for what is true and
- all people have the right to speak out and vote on things
that matter to them.
- we should help build a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- we need to take care of the earth, the home we share with
all living things.
These ideas come from many places:
- the sense of wonder that we all share,
- women and men of long ago and today whose lives remind us
to be kind, fair, and understanding,
- ethical and spiritual wisdom of the world's religions,
- Jewish and Christian teachings which tell us to love all
others as we love ourselves,
- the use of reason and discoveries of science, and
- the harmony of nature and the sacred circle of life.
Thankful for all these ideas, we want to learn even more. We
church where we freely share our thoughts and feelings and promise to
trust and help one another.
Links to more about Unitarian Universalism